Livelihood Development & Generation in Coastal Area
- Livelihood Generation in DSDA Area
- Post-harvest Handling & Fish Auction Centre
- Livelihood Generation in Sagar Island
Post-harvest Handling & Fish Auction Centre
A temporary auction market comprising shanties/thatched sheds for auction of marine fish is functioning at Digha Mohana for more than two decades. It is proposed to construct a permanent marine auction market at Digha with the required ancillary facilities to accommodate increased volume of fish trade in a hygienic environment.
The project facilities will include
- one auction hall with 104 auction places (5 m x 6 m) with a proposed covered area having a dimension of about 93 m x 85 m,
- proper drainage system with 600 mm diameter hume pipe (NP-3) covered drain with discharge at effluent treatment plant,
- internal road network with concrete paved 3.5 m wide carriage way and two main entrances and exits,
- one box washing room with suitable washing system and disinfecting arrangements outside the auction hall,
- one public change room in between two entrances,
- feet washing place at the downstream side of every entrance gate with disinfecting sink and appropriate drainage, treatment and disposal of waste water,
- public utility with toilet and bathing facilities and appropriate drainage, treatment and disposal of waste water,
- electrical installations with street lighting and spot lamps at auction places,
- fire fighting system with 25 fire extinguishers and provisions of emergency exits,
- waste water management system,
- cold storage and flake ice plant,
- connecting road and
- quality control laboratory.
The project will be implemented by West Bengal Fisheries Corporation Limited with a total Project cost of Rs 601. 72 lakhs.